Privacy Notice for Individuals in the United States
National Retail Federation, Inc. (“NRF”) (collectively, “we,” “our,” or “us”) provide this privacy notice to describe how we process the information you provide when visiting the Mainstreet Privacy Coalition (“Site”), or otherwise interact with us.
We collect information you provide to us when you visit our Site, become a member of NRF or otherwise interact with us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment information. If you serve as a speaker at our events, we collect your social media or blog usernames or URLs, as well as your photograph and biography. For employees of member companies, exhibitors and sponsors, we collect information related to your employment, from you or your employer, including the company name, address, phone number, and your title. If you post your resume to or apply for a position through the NRF job board, we collect information related to your posting and application including your name, contact information, educational and professional history, and status as a veteran. NRF may collect information about you from our members and partners and from sources outside of NRF who provide data for marketing purposes.
We also collect information relating to your interactions with our Site, including the operating system, browser, country, IP address, date and time of visit, pages visited and other activities on the Site, and whether you visit our Site through a mobile device or personal computer.
We may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including:
- To organize events, including to promote events and send communications regarding event registration and participation;
- To facilitate attendance at events, including engaging speakers and exhibitors, or helping to provide housing and other event services;
- For membership purposes, such as to provide information related to your employer’s membership or account;
- To provide communications to which you subscribe or that are relevant to you;
- To publish data on job boards;
- To administer testing;
- To promote NRF services;
- To deliver publications;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- For fundraising purposes;
- To process PAC donations;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, marketing, recruitment, and operational purposes;
- To comply with the law;
- To advocate on issues to advance the retail industry including, but not limited to, the Main Street Privacy Coalition business community; and/or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We may share information that identifies you individually with third parties, including the following:
- With third parties that perform services on our behalf, including data storage providers, technology vendors, email service providers, marketing and advertising providers, and service providers used to assist with our events and activities;
- With other NRF members, including through committees and forums used to connect members such as NRF Connect and the job board;
- With attendees of our events regarding information related to the event, such as exhibitor and sponsor attendance; and
- With other Main Street Privacy Coalition members;
With your consent; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated, or any other technical information, without limitation.
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including our social media pages. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins” such as social networking, photo sharing, and video streaming tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Site, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any social media accounts you create and use.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may work with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on our behalf on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
Your choice applies to this browser, and if you delete your cookies, use a different browser or device, or reset your advertising identifier you may need to make your choices again. After you exercise choice, you will still receive advertising online but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests. Data may also continue to be collected for other purposes such as analytics, frequency capping, and reporting.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. We use Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
To opt-out of our e-mail communications or to cancel your subscription to a newsletter, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each email message, or if applicable, you can change your preferences in your MyNRF account.
Updating Your Information
You may request to review, change, or update your contact information by using the information in the “Contact” section.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of updates
If you have questions, comments or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us at:
National Retail Federation
1101 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20005